In the world of trailering, Airstream needs no introduction. The iconic silver-bullet styling, high-quality construction and classy interiors have been turning heads for more than 80 years.
Eddie Bauer, founded in Seattle in 1920 is equally well-known as the leading outdoor adventure outfitter and innovator.
Together, Airstream and Eddie Bauer have more than 160 years of combined experience building quality products for the adventurous outdoor lifestyle. Fittingly, the brands recently signed a multiyear partnership to bring an Eddie Bauer Airstream and co-branded merchandise to market.
There is no question that the 25FB EB looks great on the outside. Like all Airstreams, the trailer has a nautical feel to it; all the edges are rounded, the lav door has a porthole window and the aluminum skin is sleek and shiny. But looks aren’t everything. Take a look at some of the exterior highlights:
- A rear sport hatch to accommodate oversized equipment ie: kayaks, bicycles, fishing gear, etc.
- A non-slip Aquatrac bumper perch to assist with loading/unloading
- Premium Michelin” tires and 16″ wheels to provide greater ground clearance
- Rugged wheel-well cladding for protection against off-road debris
- A handheld outdoor shower for showering, hosing down equipment, or even washing the dog
- Heavy-duty exterior hooks for locking-up equipment or tying-out the dog
The EB Airstream interior is equally impressive. From the rounded maple cabinetry to the solid-surface counters to the EB goose-down pillows and comforter, it’s clear the trailer was designed for RVers with a taste for understated luxury. The upholstered seat and dinette benches are tastefully appointed, and boost the sleeping capacity in the trailer to four.
There is plenty of storage space inside, especially considering the trailer is designed for couples or small families. Large cabinets can be found above the sink and dinette, plus a cavernous wardrobe acts as the hall closet next to the shower stall. The under-bed storage in the master is among the most organized around; there are four sectioned areas, complete with storage bins and trays, and the cutouts on each side of the base of the bed allow you to access the bins without lifting the bed.
Here’s a look at the 2014 Eddie Bauer Airstream interior highlights:
- Fold-away modular dinette/lounge furnishings to increase storage capacity (71 sq. ft. total)
- Perimeter interior-tie downs to secure stored items
- Sunbrella fabrics in the dinette/lounge area for added durability and stain-resistance
- A retractable clothesline in the bath and additional racks in the bedroom for hanging wet clothing
- Panoramic windows and sport hatch with roll-away screen to bring the outdoors in
- Maple and soapstone laminates, quilted fabrics with contrast piping, “fossil leaf” roof locker doors, and a “fern green” Sunbrella awning to capture the essence of the Eddie Bauer brand.
- Goose down pillows, comforter and packable throw ( all furnished by Eddie Bauer ) to add comfort and style
- Two co-branded daypacks and a duffel bag for an easy and stylish ‘pack & go’
The longevity, craftsmanship and overall mystique of the Airstream brand is often enough to convince people to become owners. Couple that with the longstanding history and class of Eddie Bauer, and you have an upscale sportsman’s trailer that deserves your attention.
Don’t miss the chance to take a look at this beautiful collaboration.
Come visit us at Safford RV, the only Airstream Dealer in the Mid-Atlantic, to see for yourself what makes The 2014 Eddie Bauer Airstream so incredible.